Sunday 2 March 2014

Food Review: Cornerstone Bar and Restaurant

Cornerstone Bar and Restaurant
93 Osborne St

The Cornerstone Bar and Restaurant on Urbanspoon


Cornerstone Bar and Restaurant is the newest watering hole in Osborne village. It has been open for a little less than a month.

A new restaurant in Osborne village is bound to get a lot of business,  especially on a weekend night. Therefore, the group that I was expected to wait a long time and we did. It seems that winter doesn't cause Winnipeg's hottest district to freeze over.

The group I was with came to drink and to talk. As a result, my review lacks the meat that some of my other ones have (I couldn't resist the pun). The menu contains a range of burgers, appetizers, and a few mains. There isn't a lot of food. I promise I will try the veggie burger sometime in the future, but for now I will confine myself to the two things I did sample: the cheese platter and the drink section of the menu.

The cheese platter:
This is an idea I have seen at a few restaurants now. I love it. My group had wine and cheese and enjoyed paring the food with the extras the platter contains: figs, candied cashews, strawberries, tomato jam, and bacon jam. There were crackers and toasted baguette to put the cheese on.  The server told us that they change the cheese every week, which is a great idea!

The drink menu:
The main focus is the drink menu, which is sizable. Their list of beer on tap is good and there are a few more bottles. They have a fairly sizable wine collection ranging in price from just over $20 to over $60. I am not detail oriented when it comes to wine, so I cannot comment on the quality of the selection, only the quantity.

I enjoyed myself immensely and  we even had a good conversation despite the moderate-high noise level.  I will be back.


Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment